Onslow Memorial Hospital (OMH), originally founded in 1944, stands as a 162-bed acute care, community hospital located in coastal North Carolina, serving the city of Jacksonville and greater Onslow County. Onslow Memorial Hospital is nationally accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC).
The hospital offers a vast array of healthcare services with state-of-the-art diagnostic services, including a Women's Imaging Center, Cardiac Cath Lab, Neurodiagnostic Lab, MRI and CT Scan, to list just a few. Onslow Memorial Hospital also has a modern Labor and Delivery suite with state-of-the-art monitoring system, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Newborn Nursery, Intensive Care Unit/Coronary Care Unit, Medical and Surgical Services, and Rehabilitation Services (including Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy). A responsive Emergency Department and Minor Emergency Care Unit treats more than 50,000 patients annually. In recent years, a robust array of online services and portals have been developed to provide all of our stakeholders, from patients to students to medical partners, access to timely information and insights. OMH health news, wellness tips and the latest hospital information can be followed via Twitter and Facebook.
Onslow Memorial Hospital earned many awards for our exceptional care:
Our Mission, Culture, and Values
We are proud of our dedication to our mission: “To provide excellent patient health services in a healing and family-centered environment.”
At Onslow Memorial Hospital, the clinical staff, non-clinical staff, healthcare providers and volunteers partner together with patients and their families to support the patient experience. We thrive on a shared passion to sense the needs of others through a patient- and family-centered care philosophy. We are driven by a set of core values to serve our community through human touch.
Patient- and Family-Centered Care
In our daily work, we support the following patient- and family-centered care principles: dignity and respect, collaboration, participation, and information sharing. As a partner with the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care since 2009, we have seen our culture flourish by collaborating with the patient and family, seeing them as essential members of the healthcare team. You and your family are our purpose. You make our work worthwhile. You give us the opportunity to make a difference.
We want to ensure that the patient experience is not just positive, but ALWAYS positive. This is why our staff developed expected service behaviors. We are PROUD to be a member of the Onslow Team and PROUD to serve our community!
P – Positive First Impression
R – Responsive
O – Ownership
U – Unity
D – Demonstrates Compassion
We are honored to display the ONE UNC Health Values as we work alongside the best and brightest in the journey "to improve the health and well-being of North Carolinians and others we serve."
One Great Team
- We are better together than we are apart.
- Our effective collaboration is key to providing quality care.
- We are building an inclusive and equitable culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our patients and each other.
- We care holistically about patients and each other.
- It is our privilege to serve the people of North Carolina.
- We demonstrate kindness and compassion in every interaction.
Leading the Way
- We make a difference by improving lives every day and training the next generation of health care leaders.
- Our research is changing the world.
- We provide innovative care.
It Starts with Me
- Each of us takes ownership of, and accountability for, doing the right thing.
- We empower and trust each other to step up.
- We support each other and hold each other accountable in our work.